After spending his previous octagon tenure at flyweight, Smolka (13-5 MMA, 5-5 UFC) will move up to bantamweight for the matchup with Sumudaerji (10-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC).
MMAjunkie confirmed the matchup with a person with knowledge of the signing who requested anonymity because the UFC has yet to make an official announcement. MMA Reporter James Lynch first reported Smolka re-signing with UFC.
UFC Fight Night 141 takes place Nov. 24 at Cadillac Arena in Beijing. The entire card streams on UFC Fight Pass.
Smolka, 27, will return to the UFC for a second stint after making an unceremonious exit from the company the first time around. After going on a four-fight winning streak inside the octagon, Smolka became the first flyweight in company history to drop four straight, marking the end of his tenure with the promotion. He’s won back-to-back fights since his release, though, and that was enough to get him back in.
Sumudaerji, 22, fights out of China and has become a proven finisher early in his career. He’s earned all eight of his career victories by stoppage, with all but one of them coming by way of knockout.
With the addition to the lineup, UFC Fight Night 141 now includes:
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Francis Ngannou
- Alistair Overeem vs. Sergey Pavlovich
- Frankie Saenz vs. Song Yadong
- Li Jingliang vs. David Zawada
- Alex Morono vs. Song Kenan
- Rashad Coulter vs. Hu Yaozong
- Lauren Mueller vs. Wu Yanan
- Jessica Aguilar vs. Weili Zhang
- Syuri Kondo vs. Yan Xiaonan
- Kevin Holland vs. John Phillips
- Martin Day vs. Liu Pingyuan
- Louis Smolka vs. Sumudaerji Sumudaerji